My blog has moved!'

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
www.cutifulbaby.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Lately...

The last few months have been very busy & kind of ectic around here...at least, that's how I feel!
I'm already halfway through my pregnancy & things just seem to go faster than ever... Lately, I've had a hard time dealing with the fact that I wasn't able to keep up with my Etsy shops...I felt like I was letting things go, like I wasn't dedicating as much time as usual or as much as I would have wanted to to my little business! When you put so much hard work into something you love & you're proud of, it's kinda hard to accept that sometimes, IT'S ALRIGHT to take a little break, to slow things down a little...

It's alright if there are only a few items left in your shop even though you have hundreds of ideas fighting one another in your head...it's alright to take time for yourself, to relax in a hot bath after work or go to bed early if you feel like you need to instead of doing late night sewing like you were used to!

With our busy schedules ( and I'm sure many of you parents will understand exactly what I'm talking about!) it gets so easy to "spend" less time with our kiddos...I mean, I "spend" time with Livia, but running errands or being next to her in the living room while she plays by herself and I fold laundry is not what I call quality time...I've realized that I was often too busy with everything else that I didn't take as much time as I used to to simply sit down with her and actually play WITH her!

That being said, I decided that I wanted to start trying some Montessori activities with Livia on a weekly basis! Today, we tried out our 1st color sorting activity & it was a big hit!

She did this like a champ! Proud mama's moment!

More color sorting on the couch after dinner!



Montessori fun from Vanessa Giguere on Vimeo.

She had a lot of fun & I had fun too watching her play & learn all at once! In the end, all we needed was a few colored bowls with matching color items : fridge alphabet magnets, building blocks, crayons, plastic utensils...

 Margaux, a blogger friend, also recommended this amazing blog with plenty of ideas for Montessori activities! It's called How we Montessori and I'm pretty sure it will be a great source of inspiration in the upcoming weeks!

Wish you all a great Sunday!
Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you are making a conscious effort to spend more time with your little girl. I know how easily an Etsy store can eat all of your time and focus but I'm glad you saw it and put them first. What a fun little project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Tiff!

      It was pretty hard to take in the 1st place...seeing that my stats were going downwards because I wasn't dedicating as much time as usual... but on the other hand, what matters most right now is my daughter & the baby to be! :)

      I also have a lot of personal projects I had put on the back burner due to lack of time...like Livia's quilt, some decor for the nursery & the big sister's room...Things that matters to me!
      Guess I'll put my own family projects 1st! :)

      xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...