My blog has moved!'

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
www.cutifulbaby.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Potty training




I'm proud to announce that Livia has been wearing her big girl panties for the last 2 weeks!
AND IT'S A SUCCESS!
Of course we've had a few mishaps! But that's part of the process, right?

At first, I felt like this was a long road to success since we 1st started out potty training during the Holidays, about 6 months ago. Back then, Livia did sometimes ask to go potty...but it wasn't consistent at all! So we thought to ourselves, maybe if we buy her some princess panties & seriously work on potty training while we are at home with her 24/7 for at least a whole week, things would work out?.... WRONG!!!

Even though I shouldn't have, I felt a bit frustrated after cleaning pee of my floors for about 2 days (I was at the beginning of my pregnancy, so I guess that the tiredness didn't help with me feeling a bit frustrated...but that's no excuse!) Everybody tells you your kid will show some signs when he'll be ready for potty training, that you'll know exactly when to start....What we thought might have been signs from Livia weren't in fact, and I guess that admitting that myself was the hardest part...you know when you feel your mother's instincts have failed you? That's not a great feeling, right?

Anyhow...we stuck with cloth diapering, and the months have passed...
Livia was still asking to go to the potty sometimes, but still wasn't ready to commit 100%...until 2 weeks ago! Then the REAL sign, the one I was waiting for, came! Every morning when waking up, before getting dressed, she would got to the potty. That morning, when she was done, she asked me to wear some princess panties! So I let her choose the one she wanted to wear, and that day, brought her to the potty about every hour...and we had a perfect day! :)
I was so freakin' happy... and proud!! And the day after, same thing, no mishaps!

The mishaps happened when she went back to day care at the beginning of the following week...but after a few days of adjustement, she's now a real champ, both at home & at day care...and even when we're out! I bought a foldable toilet cover, perfect if we ever have to use any public bathrooms!


Watching a "subliminal" potty training video with her Huggies app hahaha!
 Can't believe how grown up she is & looks! Is there anything cuter than a toddler running around the house with tiny toddler panties on? I seriously can't get enough! I was so used to her huge cloth diapers...she now has such a tiny little bum, she can even wear some of the pants that didn't fit anymore with her cloth diapers! :)

Are any of you currently potty training? Is there anything you wished you had known ahead of time, or maybe would have done differently? Feel free to share in the comment section!

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...