My blog has moved!'

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
www.cutifulbaby.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 25, 2013

The GUILT

Last week was a though one. I was sooooo freakin' tired, I felt like I had crashed into a wall at 80 miles/ hour...not exactly, but you get the point, right? When I had Livia, the same thing happened to me when she was about 3-4 months old, just like Logan is right now. It seems that for the first few months, the adrenaline kicks in and you don't really feel that tired....then BAM!!! It hits you right in the face.

So, tired mommy would have liked to sleep a lot, but her little lady simply wouldn't nap! (I've talked about it a few weeks back, in this post! And a kid who needs a nap but doesn't take one turns into a cranky kid around 3pm...at least at our house!) The equation is really simple here... REALLY tired mommy + cranky toddler = lack of patience...and a bit of guilt too!
This picture should be called "Now is not the time"...the day she refused to nap to end up falling asleep on the couch while dinner was about to get served...
I'm here to talk about guilt today because I feel that us moms tend to feel guilty all the time...When we're working full time, we feel guilty about not spending enough time with our kids...then, on mat leave with a 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th....) baby, we feel guilty if we send our eldest to day care a few times a week...we feel guilty when we don't have/ take the time to prepare a healthy meal from scratch for our kiddos...guilty if we let them watch more TV than usual because we are busy breastfeeding/ cooking dinner/ doing laundry/ washing dishes...guilty when we raise our voice because our patience has run out, but we know we shouldn't have....

Last week was a though one. Livia usually goes to day care 3 days a week (from about 9:30am to 3:30 pm) to give me time to work on my custom orders & run some errands. Last week, I sent her to day care 4 days & I FELT GUILTY! But why? Please tell me why? This extra day I sent her to day care allowed me to get the rest I needed with my baby boy. It allowed me to calm down, take a deep breath & be (or at least try to be) a better mom for her! All of that while she was having fun with friends & napping! (because yes, she refuses to nap at home but has absolutely no problem napping at day care!)

In the end, I realized that instead of feeling guilty, I should be proud. I should be proud I had took the decision to get some rest because a sleep-deprived impatient mom isn't fun, for nobody...a well rested, calm & happy mom is way much better!

Are you the type of mom who often fells guilty? Let's get rid of our "motherhood-guilt" by sharing in the comment section! ;)

Take care!


1 comment:

  1. Je crois qu'on va toujours se sentir un peu coupable de faire garder nos enfants quand c'est dans nos valeurs fondamentales de passer le plus de temps possible avec eux.

    Tu as l'opportunité de pouvoir te reposer, profites-en! Tes moments avec ta fille seront plus facile comme celà et ta belle énergie reviendra plus rapidement!


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...